Privacy Notice | Omaze UK
What does this notice cover?
This notice describes how Omaze, Inc. ("Omaze ", "we" or "us") will make use of your data when you access our website, participate in our sweepstake contests or contact us. We are the controllers for the personal data we collect in this context.
This notice also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Omaze carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our websites, and when you participate in our sweepstake contest. This includes:
- date of birth;
- contact information, such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit card details, where you enter a sweepstake contest;
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
- survey information such as shopping habits and age;
- photographs, video recordings and information about you in connection with sweepstake contests outcomes;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you enter a sweepstake contest we run. This includes:
- verifying your identity;
- taking payments;
- communicating with you, including sending you automated service messages;
- providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of prizes; and
- using your information and photographs and video recordings of you for publicity purposes.
- As required by Omaze to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have requested, as well as providing targeted advertising on our sites and selected partner sites and social networks, and to respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we will use your information and photographs and video recordings of you for publicity purposes;
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our current activities, future events and sweepstakes;
- we monitor use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- we use information you provide to personalise our website, products or services for you;
- if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, we also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud (see data sharing below);
- we monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- we use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research;
- Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our current activities, future events and sweepstakes, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners
- we will collect information from your responses to surveys, where you chose to participate in them
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Notice and the information provided to you when those technologies are used; and
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
When you enter a sweepstake, we may share your personal data with the charity we designate as the benefiting charity for such sweepstakes and with any entity providing prizes for that sweepstakes. We are a US company and the personal data you provide will be stored in the USA and other countries outside the EEA.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of Omaze for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include providers of website hosting, maintenance, call center operation, card verification services, identity checking and customer relationship management systems. We also share personal data about you with third party advertisers.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
If you post a comment to our website, the information that you choose to post, including any personal data that you choose to post, may be available generally to the public
Where information is transferred outside the EEA, and where this is to a vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission this is done in order to enter you into the sweepstake you have requested and to ensure your donation is processed and sent on to the relevant charity. In some cases data may alternatively be adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to Omaze Inc, 5735 W Adams Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90016.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process Omaze account data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our sites and for 6 years after this.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data for site security purposes, we retain it for 12 months.
Where we process personal data in connection with processing your contest entry, we keep the data for 6 years from your last interaction with us.