Effective 01 September 2021
To view Official Rules for Promotions launched between 22 June 2021 and 31August 2021, click here.
PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AND CHECK THEM REGULARLY. THIS IS A BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND PROMOTER. THESE OFFICIAL RULES MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME (SEE SECTION 16, BELOW).
No purchase, payment, or donation of any kind is necessary to enter or win. All entries into a Promotion have an equal chance of winning.
- The Website: The www.Omaze.co.uk website (the “Website”) allows individuals to enter prize-draws hosted on the Website (each a “Promotion”). A portion of the funds raised through each Promotion will be used to support featured non-profit(s) and/or charitable causes (each a “Charity”).
- Experience Rules. Every Promotion also has its own, additional, Promotion-specific terms and conditions (the “Experience Rules”). The Experience Rules can be found in the footer of each page of the Website under the section “Legal.” The Experience Rules provide extra information and requirements for a specific Promotion. If there is a conflict or inconsistency between these Official Rules and the Experience Rules, the Experience Rules will govern. Any reference to the “Official Rules” with respect to any specific Promotion will mean both these Official Rules and the applicable Experience Rules, taken as a whole.
- Binding Contract. These Official Rules (including the Experience Rules) form a binding contract between Promoter and each Promotion participant (a “Participant.”) Entry into any Promotion constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and Promoter’s decisions, which are (subject to Section 19) final and binding in all matters relating to the Website and all Promotions. If you do not agree to these Official Rules (including the applicable Experience Rules) do not enter the PROMOTION(s).
- Updates to the Official Rules. These Official Rules may be updated from time to time. Please check these Official Rules (including all relevant Experience Rules) regularly to ensure that you understand the terms that apply at the time that you enter the Promotions.
- Prohibited persons: Unless the Experience Rules state otherwise, the following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a Promotion:
- Any individual who has won a grand Prize in a Grand-Prize Promotion (as defined in Section 5(A) (below) in the immediately preceding 18 months (calculated from the last date of the Entry Period of the last Grand-Prize Promotion that such individual won);
- Any employees, officers, and/or directors of any of the following (collectively the “Promotion Partners”) (a) Omaze; (b) the Charity (excluding any Charity volunteers) supported by the applicable Promotion; (c) Omaze’s third-party prize draw vendor, if applicable, identified in the applicable Experience Rules; and (d) any contractor or other partner engaged by Omaze to supply and/or fulfil any portion of the Prize(s) for the applicable Promotion; and
- The immediate family members of (meaning, spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) as the employees, officers and/or directors of Omaze and the Charity (excluding any Charity volunteers) supported by the applicable Promotion.
- Grand-Prize Promotions: All grand-Prize Promotions (each a “Grand-Prize Promotion”), will provide the following two (2) methods of entry:
- Paid Method of Entry: To enter by this method, visit www.omaze.co.uk and select the “enter now” button on the Promotion’s webpage. Choose the applicable entry fee amount(s) to purchase entries (“Entry Fee”). Each Entry Fee amount will come with a set number of entries into the Grand-Prize Promotion (and any applicable Secondary Promotions, as such term is defined below). Follow the instructions to enter your full, legal name, contact and payment information, and complete your payment. Once your payment is complete, you will automatically receive the number of entries you selected and be entered for a chance to win the Promotion. You can enter as many times as you wish so long as you don’t exceed the maximum Entry Limit (as defined below), if applicable. Omaze may, in its discretion, run various promotions in connection with the paid method of entry. For example, it may, for a temporary period during the Entry Period, offer Participants “bonus entries” in connection with the paid method of entry, or it may offer Participants the opportunity to enter multiple Grand-Prize Promotions simultaneously, for a reduced Entry Fee. Each entry that is purchased in connection with any special promotion (a) will constitute a single, independent entry in the applicable Promotion(s), (b) will be treated exactly the same as any other entry to the Promotion(s) (including being subject to any applicable Entry Limit), and (c) will have the same chance of winning as any other entry.
- Alternate Method of Entry: Write your full, legal name, home address (no post office box addresses accepted), city, post code, phone number (optional), email address and which Full Name of the Promotion you want to enter (for example, “Omaze Million Pound House Draw- London”), on either a postcard or letter. Post the completed entry to Promoter’s third-party prize draw vendor identified in the Promotion’s applicable Experience Rules, at the postal address provided within such Experience Rules. Limit one (1) entry per outer mailing envelope or postcard. Each eligible entry received via the Alternate Method of Entry will be equivalent to a single entry into the Grand-Prize Promotion, with effect from the date that an entry is received and processed. No mechanically reproduced entries are permitted. Illegible entries are void. Omaze is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, delayed, inaccurate, incomplete, postage due, misdirected entries or entries not received by the last day of the applicable Entry Period. You can enter by the Alternative Method of Entry as many times as you wish so long as you don’t exceed the applicable, maximum Entry Limit.
- Secondary Promotions: From time to time, Omaze may, in its sole and absolute discretion, host other, secondary Promotions on the Website (each a “Secondary Promotion”). Secondary Promotions are those Promotions where the only method of entry is through entry into a specific Grand-Prize Promotion within a specific timeframe. Participants who enter the specific Grand-Prize Promotion during the specific timeframe will also be automatically entered into the Secondary Promotion. Unless otherwise stated in the Experience Rules of the applicable Secondary Promotion Participants will receive the same number of entries into the Secondary Promotion as Participant acquires in the eligible Grand-Prize Promotion(s) during the specific timeframe, up to the Secondary Promotion’s Entry Limit (if applicable), regardless of method of entry(ies) used to enter the eligible Grand-Prize Promotion(s).
- Entry Limit: Unless the Experience Rules say otherwise, there is no cumulative maximum number of entries that any one person may obtain (the “Entry Limit”). If an Entry Limit is applicable for a Promotion, the Entry Limit applies to all entries, regardless of the method of entry. If Participant exceeds the Entry Limit for a Promotion, all entries in excess of the Entry Limit will be void and ineligible to win. Omaze will not refund Participants for any Entry Fees that Participant paid for those void and ineligible entries that exceed the applicable Entry Limit.
- Required Information: Participants must provide all required information specified on the Promotion’s page or entry form to be eligible to enter and win.
- Valid Email Address: For any Promotions that have Entry Limits, Participants must not use multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to receive entries over the Promotion’s Entry Limit and doing so will void all entries for that Participant and result in disqualification of the Participant at Promoter’s discretion. To receive valid entries, at the time of submission, Participant must provide a valid email address for which the Participant is the authorized owner. Multiple Participants may not share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any Participant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential Winners and/or Winners (as defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Any entries connected to an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address, or linked to an authorized account holder other than Participant, are void and ineligible to win.
- No Automated Entry Devices: All entries must be submitted by the individual Participant to be valid. Use, or attempted use, of any robotic, automated, programmed, mechanical, or other non-manual entry methods, will void all entries for that Participant and result in disqualification of the Participant from all Promotions, at Promoter’s discretion. No copies, facsimiles, or other mechanical or electronic reproductions of entries will be accepted. Promoter has the sole right and discretion to make a determination that the Participant used or attempted to use any such prohibited automated entry methods.
- Contact Details: By entering any Promotion, you agree that Omaze may contact you via email, phone, and mail in connection with the Promotion in accordance with the Privacy Notice.
- Winner Documentation: To receive the Prize(s), and as part of the Winner confirmation and verification process, Potential Winner (and any guests of Potential Winner, to the extent that a Prize includes participation by one or more guests) must accurately complete and timely return any legal releases or documentation (for instance health and safety forms, including any vaccination attestations, including, providing proof of the same in a format determined by Promoter in its sole discretion) reasonably required by Promoter or the provider of the Prize(s) (where permitted by law) and/or any other document necessary to confirm and verify a Potential Winner’s eligibility and ability to participate on given dates relevant to the Promotion(if applicable) (collectively the “Winner Documentation”). Potential Winner must fully and accurately complete Winner Documentation and timely return all such documentation by the date specified by Promoter, or the Potential Winner may be disqualified and will forfeit any claim to any of the Prize(s).
- Background Checks: Except where legally prohibited, Omaze reserves the right to conduct background screenings or security checks, at its discretion, on a Potential Winner and any Potential Winner guests, where applicable, and the Potential Winner agrees to sign any necessary documentation required for such checks. This will always be done in accordance with Omaze’s Privacy Notice. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Potential Winner and any Potential Winner’s guest(s) based on the results of such background check (or the background check of Potential Winner’s guest(s), if applicable), if Promoter reasonably determines that awarding the Prize(s) to such Potential Winner and/or Potential Winner’s guest(s) might reflect negatively on Promoter or any of the Promotion Partners, or be likely to put Promoter, any of the other Promotion Partners, or any other third-party in danger. Promoter is not obligated to clarify, confirm, or share any specific results of a background screening or security check with any Potential Winner or any Potential Winner’s guest(s), whether the background screening or security check resulted in disqualification or not. Factors that could result in disqualification include, without limitation: having been convicted of a criminal or civil offence or being delinquent on a government-ordered payment. When requested, Potential Winner and Potential Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, must provide authorization and/or complete any forms reasonably needed to facilitate such a background screening or security check. If Potential Winner and/or Potential Winner’s guest(s) fails to sign and return the required documentation within the period specified by Promoter, Potential Winner and/or Potential Winner’s guest(s) may be disqualified and will forfeit any claim to any of the Prize(s). Except for Promotions in which Winner and/or Winner’s guest(s) qualifications, requirements or restrictions may be stated in the Experience Rules (for example, any residency or citizenship requirements, age requirements or health requirements), Potential Winners and Potential Winner guests will not be disqualified based on race (including colour, nationality or ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, gender reassignment, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity, or any other protected characteristics.
If a Potential Winner is determined to be ineligible and/or disqualified for any reason, an alternate Potential Winner will be selected using a verifiably random process from among all remaining eligible entries. This process will be repeated until the Prize(s) is awarded. Any alternate Potential Winner will be notified as per the procedures outlined in these Official Rules (time permitting). Promoter reserves the right to modify the Potential Winner notification and/or confirmation and verification procedures connected with the drawing of an alternative Potential Winner, if any.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all Prizes are awarded as is, without any representations or warranties (other than those which cannot be excluded by applicable law), and cannot be transferred, sold, substituted, or redeemed for cash by Participant. Omaze reserves the right, in Omaze’s sole discretion, to substitute any Prize with an alternative item of comparable or greater value or cash.
Unless expressly stated otherwise in the Experience Rules, Winners are solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes, fees and expenses related to acceptance, ownership and use of a Prize. Omaze will not replace any lost or stolen Prize(s) or components of a Prize. Prize(s) cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of Prizes stated in the Experience Rules are available to be won in a Promotion.
All Winners are entitled, at their discretion, to decline to accept some or all of the Prize(s) at any time up to the date on which they are announced as the Winner, and, in such instances will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize. If at any time and for any reason a Winner chooses to reject some or all of the Prize(s), or fails to accept the delivery of the Prize(s) within a reasonable period, Winner will not be entitled to any alternative Prize, in whole or in part, or any other compensation of any kind, and Omaze shall have no obligation to award the rejected or unclaimed portion of any Prize(s) to an alternative winner.
Certain types of Prizes may have other restrictions or limitations, including without limitation as follows, unless otherwise specified in the applicable Experience Rules:
- Prize manufacturers: Promotions are not sponsored, endorsed, approved, or affiliated with the manufacturer of the Prize(s) being awarded. Promotion names and logos are the trademarks and property of the manufacturer of the Prize(s). Actual Prize(s) to be awarded may not be identical to those depicted which are intended to be only representative.
- Prizes That Include A Travel Component: For all travel Promotions, you have to travel on the dates and itinerary specified by Omaze in the Experience Rules. Any included airfare is coach class from the major gateway airport nearest Winner’s residence, or other alternative gateways approved by Omaze in its sole and absolute discretion. Any hotel accommodations are standard class, double occupancy unless otherwise specified. Actual retail value of any trip Promotion will depend on the Winner’s place of residence and the difference between the approximate retail value and the actual retail value will not be awarded. Winner and Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, must travel on the same itinerary, unless otherwise approved by Omaze in its sole and absolute discretion. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items will not be replaced once they are in your possession. Any expenses not specified in Experience Rules, including, but not limited to, itinerary change fees, checked baggage fees, meals and gratuities, transfers, and ground transportation, are the sole responsibility of Winner and Winner’s guest(s). Travel and accommodations subject to availability; certain additional restrictions and blackout dates may apply. If specific dates are indicated for travel, and Winner cannot travel on those specified dates, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner selected by a verifiably random process from all remaining eligible entries. In such instances, the forfeiting Winner will not be entitled to any alternate prizes or compensation of any kind. Winner and Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, are responsible for all required travel documentation and identification including, without limitation and as applicable, any passport or visa, as well as meeting any other requirements for entry into the applicable destination. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, must also sign a release before ticketing. Winner’s guest(s) must be over the age of majority in the state, province or territory in which Winner’s guest(s) resides or the Winner who accompanies them must be their parent or legal guardian, unless as otherwise specified on the applicable Experience Rules. If, in Promoter’s judgment, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to Prize location, Promoter may provide ground transportation as a substitute for air travel at Omaze’s sole discretion.
- Prizes That Include Winning an Automobile or other Vehicle: The Winner of the Prize vehicle is not eligible for any cash rebate programs. Omaze will settle the following taxes and costs incurred by the winner of any Promotion involving vehicles in relation to their acceptance and use of the Promotion vehicle: title costs, licence fees, registration fees. Winner will be solely responsible for any additional equipment/accessories not specified in the Experience Rules or these Official Rules, insurance, fuel, vehicle maintenance and all other fees and expenses associated with the receipt and use of any vehicle-related Promotion. If the Prize is a lease of an automobile or other vehicle, Winner will be responsible for complying with the standard provisions of the applicable lease and shall be responsible for excess wear/use and mileage over the miles specified in such lease at a cost per additional mile/km stated in such lease. For any Prize vehicle, neither Promoter, other Promotion Partners, nor the vehicle manufacturer has made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact, or law, relative to the Prize vehicle, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness (other than those which cannot be excluded by applicable law). Notwithstanding, the Prize vehicle may include the manufacturer’s standard vehicle limited warranty, as stated in the vehicle’s Owner’s Guide. Actual Promotion vehicle to be awarded may not be the vehicle depicted in advertising but is of similar specification. Promoter will determine the interior/exterior colors of the vehicle at its sole discretion. The Winner may be required to show proof of valid insurance and driver’s licence prior to receipt of the vehicle. The Winner must take delivery of the vehicle at a location and time of Omaze’s sole choosing. Omaze reserves the right to delay vehicle delivery or substitute a similar vehicle of equal or greater value should the vehicle as described be unavailable for any reason.
- Prize(s)s That Include Attending an Event: Tickets and seating are subject to availability. If the event is delayed or rescheduled for any reason, tickets for the delayed or rescheduled event may be provided at the sole discretion of Omaze. If the event is cancelled for any reason, the remainder of the Prize, if any, will be awarded without the scheduled event or Omaze otherwise may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Winner’s guest(s) must be 18 or older or the Winner who accompanies them must be their parent or legal guardian, unless as otherwise specified on the applicable Experience Rules.
- Prize(s)s That Include Meeting or Greeting any Person: Any meet and greet portion of a Promotion is subject to availability of the person(s) being met. In the case of unavailability, the remainder of the Prize, if any, will be awarded without the meet and greet portion.
- Prize(s)s That Involve Participating in a Physical Event: Promoter may require Winner and Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, to be examined by a doctor or other appropriate medical professional before participating in the event. Promoter and/or Promotion Partners reserve the right to decline participation in the event to any Winner or Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, if it is deemed that individual is unfit, in an unsafe condition, acting in an unsafe manner, fails to meet the requirements of that particular component of the event (which may include, without limitation, height/weight, age or ability requirements, vaccination requirements, or the health of the participant) or for any other reason as determined by Promoter in its reasonable discretion. In such circumstances, the Potential Winner may be required to take cash or other prize alternatives, if available, as part of the Promotion. If such an alternative prize is not available, Potential Winner may be disqualified.
- Prize(s)s That Involve Appearing in a Film, TV, or Other Production: This portion of any Promotion is subject to the production occurring as scheduled and to the Potential Winner entering into third-party agreements (such as with an acting union, production company, or publishing platform, including agreements regarding confidentiality and background). Participation in such an acting opportunity does not guarantee any type or length of appearance or that such appearance will be included in the final production or that the production will be released at all.
Omaze will also require that winners participate in any reasonable publicity required by Omaze.
For a list of winners available after the announcement date specified in the Experience Rules, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL DELIBERATELY TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH A PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE, OR ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A PROMOTION MAY BE A BREACH OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, OMAZE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM AGAINST AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. OMAZE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL IT FINDS TO BE ATTEMPTING TO TAMPER WITH OR UNDERMINE THE ENTRY PROCESS, THE SITE, AND/OR THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION; TO BREACH THE OFFICIAL RULES; OR TO ACT IN AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE OR DISRUPTIVE MANNER OR WITH THE INTENT TO ANNOY, ABUSE, THREATEN, OR HARASS ANY OTHER PERSON. IF, FOR ANY REASON, THE PROMOTION CANNOT BE RUN AS PLANNED OR IF OMAZE DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION THAT THE INTEGRITY OR VIABILITY OF A PROMOTION IS COMPROMISED, OMAZE MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, VOID ANY SUSPECT ENTRIES AND (A) CANCEL OR TERMINATE THE PROMOTION (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF); (B) MODIFY THE PROMOTION OR SUSPEND THE PROMOTION TO ADDRESS THE IMPAIRMENT AND THEN RESUME THE PROMOTION IN A MANNER THAT BEST CONFORMS TO THE SPIRIT OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES; AND/OR (C) AWARD THE PRIZE AT RANDOM FROM AMONG THE ELIGIBLE, NON-SUSPECT ENTRIES RECEIVED UP TO THE TIME OF THE IMPAIRMENT.
- CHANGES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES: Omaze may amend these Official Rules (including any individual Experience Rules) at any time by posting the amended Official Rules on the Website, and you agree that you will be bound by any changes to these Official Rules from the date they are published on the Website. If, however, you have already entered a Promotion, the changes will not apply to any entries that you have already submitted, but they will apply to any future entries that you submit after the date on which the change become effective. The date of last revision of these Official Rules is included at the top of this page.
- PARTICIPANT’S BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES: Participant is responsible for compensating the following persons in full for any losses or damage they suffer which is caused by Participant’s breach of these Official Rules: Promoter, all other the Promotion Partners, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and any other person or organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising, or promoting a Promotion.
If Omaze fails to comply with these Official Rules, Omaze will be responsible for the loss or damage Participant suffers that is a foreseeable result of Omaze’s breach of these Official Rules or its negligence, but Omaze is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by Participant and Omaze at the time that Participant entered the relevant Promotion.
Participant expressly waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, indirect incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Notwithstanding the second paragraph of this section and save as set out in the first paragraph of this section, Omaze’s maximum liability to you under these terms, our aggregate liability to you or any third party in any circumstance shall not exceed one hundred British pounds sterling (£100).
If for any reason, a Participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another entry in a Promotion.
You can bring proceedings in respect of these Official Rules in the English courts. However, as a consumer, if you live in another part of the UK you can bring legal proceedings in respect of these Official Rules in either the English courts or your local courts.
If you wish to have more information on online dispute resolution, please follow this link to the website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This link is provided as required by Regulation (EU) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council, for information purposes only. We are not obliged to participate in online dispute resolution.
- Amendments/Revisions: These Official Rules may only be amended and/or revised in writing by Omaze (including by publishing such revisions by Omaze on the Website).
- Relationship of Parties: You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Omaze as a result of these Official Rules or your use of the Website, the Software or the Service.
- Assignment: Omaze may assign these Official Rules, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign these Official Rules without Omaze’s prior written consent, and any unauthorised assignment by you shall be null and void.
- Severability: Each of the terms of these Official Rules operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining terms will remain in full force and effect.
- No Waiver: If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Official Rules, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- Notices: All notices given by you or required under these Official Rules shall be in writing and addressed to: Omaze UK Limited, 3rd Floor 1 Ashley Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, United Kingdom, WA14 2DT, Attn: Omaze Customer Service.
- Entire Agreement: These Official Rules, including the documents expressly incorporated by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Promotions and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and us with respect to the Promotions.
Omaze is the promoter of all Promotions. All questions and concerns regarding these Official Rules should be directed to email@example.com.