Official Rules 22 June - 31 August 2021
Effective 22 June 2021-31 August
To view Official Rules for Promotions launched prior to 22 June 2021, click here.
PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AND CHECK THEM REGULARLY. THIS IS A BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND PROMOTER. THESE OFFICIAL RULES MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME (SEE SECTION 16, BELOW).
No purchase, payment, or donation of any kind is necessary to enter or win. All entries into a Promotion have an equal chance of winning.
1. THE PROMOTER: Omaze, Inc. (referred to herein as “Omaze” or “Promoter”) is a United States, Delaware corporation and a for-profit, commercial fundraiser, technology, and media company.
2. THE WEBSITE: The www.Omaze.co.uk website (the “Website”) allows individuals to enter prize-draws hosted on the Website (each a “Promotion”). A portion of the funds raised through each Promotion will be used to support featured non-profit(s) and/or charitable causes (each a “Charity”).
3. APPLICABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES: These Official Rules provide the general terms and conditions applicable to every Promotion on the Website launched on or after 22 June 2021. Each Promotion is subject to all applicable international and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
(A) Experience Rules. Every Promotion also has its own, additional, Promotion-specific terms and conditions (the “Experience Rules”). The Experience Rules can be found in the footer of each page of the Website under the section “Legal.” The Experience Rules provide extra information and requirements for a specific Promotion. If there is a conflict or inconsistency between these Official Rules and the Experience Rules, the Experience Rules will govern. Any reference to the “Official Rules” with respect to any specific Promotion will mean both these Official Rules and the applicable Experience Rules, taken as a whole.
(B) Binding Contract. These Official Rules (including the Experience Rules) form a binding contract between Promoter and each Promotion participant (a “Participant.”) Entry into any Promotion constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and Promoter’s decisions, which are (subject to Section 19) final and binding in all matters relating to the Website and all Promotions. If you do not agree to these Official Rules (including the applicable Experience Rules) do not enter the PROMOTION(s).
(C) Updates to the Official Rules. These Official Rules may be updated from time to time. Please check these Official Rules (including all relevant Experience Rules) regularly to ensure that you understand the terms that apply at the time that you enter the Promotions.
4. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter a Promotion or be awarded the prize(s) identified on each Promotion’s webpage on the Website (each a “Prize(s)”), a Participant must fully comply with the Official Rules. Unless otherwise provided in the Experience Rules, Promotions are only open to individuals who (i) are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry; (ii) are NOT in one or more of the “Prohibited Persons” categories listed in Section 4(A) (below); and (iii) are legal residents in the United Kingdom
(A) Prohibited persons: Unless the Experience Rules state otherwise, the following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a Promotion:
5. HOW TO ENTER: Each Promotion will have a starting date and time and ending date and time (the “Entry Period”) specified in the Experience Rules. Only those entries received by Promoter during the Entry Period will be valid. Promoter will be the official timekeeper for all Promotions.
6. Entry Limitations and Restrictions: Only accurate and complete entries submitted during the Entry Period and received by Promoter are eligible. Any incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and ineligible to win. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Promoter. Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, or for other submission problems of any kind, whether caused by mechanical, human or electronic error, all of which are void and ineligible to win. Additionally, Promoter is not responsible for any telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties. If a Participant’s entry fee is refunded, any entries associated with such entry fee will be withdrawn and not eligible to win.
7. Entry Conditions and Release: As a condition of entering any Promotions, Participant expressly:
8. WINNER DRAWINGS: Potential winner(s) of a Promotion (each a “Potential Winner”) will be selected using a verifiably random process from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will occur on or after the end of the Entry Period or as specified in the applicable Experience Rules. The selected winning unique entry code(s) will be announced on the Website following the drawing, with the identity of the winner announced (subject to Section 9) following the completion of all identification and verification processes in accordance with these Official Rules. Once confirmed and verified as eligible to win, a Potential Winner is referred to herein as a “Winner.” The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS: Potential Winners will be contacted using the email address used to enter the Promotion and may be awarded the Prize(s) subject to confirmation of verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Potential Winners must respond to the Potential Winner notification email within 96 hours of it being sent (or the time frame indicated in the Potential Winner notification email, if longer than 96 hours). If a Potential Winner fails to respond to the notification email within the stated timeframe, then that Potential Winner may be disqualified and will forfeit any claim to any Prize(s). After sending the Potential Winner notification email, to the extent a phone number has been provided, Promoter reserves the right to also contact Potential Winners via phone as well.
10. CONFIRMATION AND VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: A Potential Winner will only be confirmed as the winner eligible to receive the Prize(s) after Promoter has completed verification of Potential Winner’s eligibility to win and confirmed Potential Winner’s compliance with the Official Rules. Potential Winner must be willing and able to claim and/or accept the Prize(s) in full in the period specified by Promoter. Potential Winners are subject to confirmation and verification by Promoter, by whatever means Promoter shall deem appropriate. To be confirmed and verified as eligible to win, a Potential Winner and the Potential Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, must comply with all Official Rules and conditions of these Official Rules and fulfil all requirements. Subject to Section 19, Promoter’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the administration, operating, drawing, verification of the Winner, and all issues related to the Promotions.
If a Potential Winner is determined to be ineligible and/or disqualified for any reason, an alternate Potential Winner will be selected using a verifiably random process from among all remaining eligible entries. This process will be repeated until the Prize(s) is awarded. Any alternate Potential Winner will be notified as per the procedures outlined in these Official Rules (time permitting). Promoter reserves the right to modify the Potential Winner notification and/or confirmation and verification procedures connected with the drawing of an alternative Potential Winner, if any.
12. PRIZES: Subject to any restrictions expressly stated in the Official Rules, Winners will receive the Prize(s) identified on each Promotion’s webpage. The specifics of all elements of all Prizes (including important information about timing for fulfilment of Prize(s), travel options and requirements, guests etc.) shall be solely determined by Omaze and set out in the Experience Rules. To avoid disappointment, please read the Experience Rules carefully before entering any Promotion to make sure that you are available on required dates and/or can travel to the Prize(s) venue(s) if needed.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all Prizes are awarded as is, without any representations or warranties (other than those which cannot be excluded by applicable law), and cannot be transferred, sold, substituted, or redeemed for cash by Participant. Omaze reserves the right, in Omaze’s sole discretion, to substitute any Prize with an alternative item of comparable or greater value or cash.
Unless expressly stated otherwise in the Experience Rules, Winners are solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes, fees and expenses related to acceptance, ownership and use of a Prize. Omaze will not replace any lost or stolen Prize(s) or components of a Prize. Prize(s) cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of Prizes stated in the Experience Rules are available to be won in a Promotion.
All Winners are entitled, at their discretion, to decline to accept some or all of the Prize(s) at any time up to the date on which they are announced as the Winner, and, in such instances will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize. If at any time and for any reason a Winner chooses to reject some or all of the Prize(s), or fails to accept the delivery of the Prize(s) within a reasonable period, Winner will not be entitled to any alternative Prize, in whole or in part, or any other compensation of any kind, and Omaze shall have no obligation to award the rejected or unclaimed portion of any Prize(s) to an alternative winner.
Certain types of Prizes may have other restrictions or limitations, including without limitation as follows, unless otherwise specified in the applicable Experience Rules:
(A) Prize manufacturers: Promotions are not sponsored, endorsed, approved, or affiliated with the manufacturer of the Prize(s) being awarded. Promotion names and logos are the trademarks and property of the manufacturer of the Prize(s). Actual Prize(s) to be awarded may not be identical to those depicted which are intended to be only representative.
(B) Prizes That Include A Travel Component: For all travel Promotions, you have to travel on the dates and itinerary specified by Omaze in the Experience Rules. Any included airfare is coach class from the major gateway airport nearest Winner’s residence, or other alternative gateways approved by Omaze in its sole and absolute discretion. Any hotel accommodations are standard class, double occupancy unless otherwise specified. Actual retail value of any trip Promotion will depend on the Winner’s place of residence and the difference between the approximate retail value and the actual retail value will not be awarded. Winner and Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, must travel on the same itinerary, unless otherwise approved by Omaze in its sole and absolute discretion. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items will not be replaced once they are in your possession. Any expenses not specified in Experience Rules, including, but not limited to, itinerary change fees, checked baggage fees, meals and gratuities, transfers, and ground transportation, are the sole responsibility of Winner and Winner’s guest(s). Travel and accommodations subject to availability; certain additional restrictions and blackout dates may apply. If specific dates are indicated for travel, and Winner cannot travel on those specified dates, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner selected by a verifiably random process from all remaining eligible entries. In such instances, the forfeiting Winner will not be entitled to any alternate prizes or compensation of any kind. Winner and Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, are responsible for all required travel documentation and identification including, without limitation and as applicable, any passport or visa, as well as meeting any other requirements for entry into the applicable destination. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, must also sign a release before ticketing. Winner’s guest(s) must be over the age of majority in the state, province or territory in which Winner’s guest(s) resides or the Winner who accompanies them must be their parent or legal guardian, unless as otherwise specified on the applicable Experience Rules. If, in Promoter’s judgment, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to Prize location, Promoter may provide ground transportation as a substitute for air travel at Omaze’s sole discretion.
(C) Prizes That Include Winning an Automobile or other Vehicle: The Winner of the Prize vehicle is not eligible for any cash rebate programs. Omaze will settle the following taxes and costs incurred by the winner of any Promotion involving vehicles in relation to their acceptance and use of the Promotion vehicle: title costs, licence fees, registration fees. Winner will be solely responsible for any additional equipment/accessories not specified in the Experience Rules or these Official Rules, insurance, fuel, vehicle maintenance and all other fees and expenses associated with the receipt and use of any vehicle-related Promotion. If the Prize is a lease of an automobile or other vehicle, Winner will be responsible for complying with the standard provisions of the applicable lease and shall be responsible for excess wear/use and mileage over the miles specified in such lease at a cost per additional mile/km stated in such lease. For any Prize vehicle, neither Promoter, other Promotion Partners, nor the vehicle manufacturer has made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact, or law, relative to the Prize vehicle, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness (other than those which cannot be excluded by applicable law). Notwithstanding, the Prize vehicle may include the manufacturer’s standard vehicle limited warranty, as stated in the vehicle’s Owner’s Guide. Actual Promotion vehicle to be awarded may not be the vehicle depicted in advertising but is of similar specification. Promoter will determine the interior/exterior colors of the vehicle at its sole discretion. The Winner may be required to show proof of valid insurance and driver’s licence prior to receipt of the vehicle. The Winner must take delivery of vehicle at a location and time of Omaze’s sole choosing. Omaze reserves the right to delay vehicle delivery or substitute a similar vehicle of equal or greater value should the vehicle as described be unavailable for any reason.
(D) Prize(s)s That Include Attending an Event: Tickets and seating are subject to availability. If the event is delayed or rescheduled for any reason, tickets for the delayed or rescheduled event may be provided at the sole discretion of Omaze. If the event is cancelled for any reason, the remainder of the Prize, if any, will be awarded without the scheduled event or Omaze otherwise may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Winner’s guest(s) must be 18 or older or the Winner who accompanies them must be their parent or legal guardian, unless as otherwise specified on the applicable Experience Rules.
(E) Prize(s)s That Include Meeting or Greeting any Person: Any meet and greet portion of a Promotion is subject to availability of the person(s) being met. In the case of unavailability, the remainder of the Prize, if any, will be awarded without the meet and greet portion.
(F) Prize(s)s That Involve Participating in a Physical Event: Promoter may require Winner and Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, to be examined by a doctor or other appropriate medical professional before participating in the event. Promoter and/or Promotion Partners reserve the right to decline participation in the event to any Winner or Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, if it is deemed that individual is unfit, in an unsafe condition, acting in an unsafe manner, fails to meet the requirements of that particular component of the event (which may include, without limitation, height/weight, age or ability requirements, vaccination requirements, or the health of the participant) or for any other reason as determined by Promoter in its reasonable discretion. In such circumstances, the Potential Winner may be required to take cash or other prize alternatives, if available, as part of the Promotion. If such an alternative prize is not available, Potential Winner may be disqualified.
(G) Prize(s)s That Involve Appearing in a Film, TV, or Other Production: This portion of any Promotion is subject to the production occurring as scheduled and to the Potential Winner entering into third-party agreements (such as with an acting union, production company, or publishing platform, including agreements regarding confidentiality and background). Participation in such an acting opportunity does not guarantee any type or length of appearance or that such appearance will be included in the final production or that the production will be released at all.
13. PUBLICITY: Omaze reserves the right to publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place for each of the Promotions – for example, the surname and country and county of residence of the Winner. Affected Winners have the right to object to all or part of this information being published or made available – in such event they should inform Omaze in writing. In such circumstances, entrants acknowledge that Omaze must nevertheless still provide the information and winning entry to the ASA or equivalent regulator on request.
Omaze will also require that winners participate in any reasonable publicity required by Omaze.
For a list of winners available after the announcement date specified in the Experience Rules, email email@example.com.
14. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Omaze reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify a Promotion, in whole or in part, due to any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, changes in the law, or any other factor beyond Omaze’s reasonable control that impairs the integrity or proper functioning of a Promotion, as reasonably determined by Omaze. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at any time, to conduct maintenance for the Website or its systems that may suspend or otherwise impact access to a Promotion.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL DELIBERATELY TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH A PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE, OR ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A PROMOTION MAY BE A BREACH OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, OMAZE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM AGAINST AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. OMAZE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL IT FINDS TO BE ATTEMPTING TO TAMPER WITH OR UNDERMINE THE ENTRY PROCESS, THE SITE, AND/OR THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION; TO BREACH THE OFFICIAL RULES; OR TO ACT IN AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE OR DISRUPTIVE MANNER OR WITH THE INTENT TO ANNOY, ABUSE, THREATEN, OR HARASS ANY OTHER PERSON. IF, FOR ANY REASON, THE PROMOTION CANNOT BE RUN AS PLANNED OR IF OMAZE DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION THAT THE INTEGRITY OR VIABILITY OF A PROMOTION IS COMPROMISED, OMAZE MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, VOID ANY SUSPECT ENTRIES AND (A) CANCEL OR TERMINATE THE PROMOTION (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF); (B) MODIFY THE PROMOTION OR SUSPEND THE PROMOTION TO ADDRESS THE IMPAIRMENT AND THEN RESUME THE PROMOTION IN A MANNER THAT BEST CONFORMS TO THE SPIRIT OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES; AND/OR (C) AWARD THE PRIZE AT RANDOM FROM AMONG THE ELIGIBLE, NON-SUSPECT ENTRIES RECEIVED UP TO THE TIME OF THE IMPAIRMENT.
15. REFUNDS, RETURNS, AND EXCHANGES: Each Entry Fee supports an awesome cause and entry to the Promotions may enable you to win an awesome Prize(s). A proportion of each Entry Fee goes to the Charity and helps them create real impact - as such, we do not provide refunds for Entry Fees once a Promotion has closed.
16. CHANGES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES: Omaze may amend these Official Rules (including any individual Experience Rules) at any time by posting the amended Official Rules on the Website, and you agree that you will be bound by any changes to these Official Rules from the date they are published on the Website. If, however, you have already entered a Promotion, the changes will not apply to any entries that you have already submitted, but they will apply to any future entries that you submit after the date on which the change become effective. The date of last revision of these Official Rules is included at the top of this page.
17. PARTICIPANT’S BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES: Participant is responsible for compensating the following persons in full for any losses or damage they suffer which is caused by Participant’s breach of these Official Rules: Promoter, all other the Promotion Partners, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and any other person or organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising, or promoting a Promotion.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY: Nothing in these Official Rules excludes or limits Omaze’s liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and (iii) any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict our liability.
If Omaze fails to comply with these Official Rules, Omaze will be responsible for the loss or damage Participant suffers that is a foreseeable result of Omaze’s breach of these Official Rules or its negligence, but Omaze is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by Participant and Omaze at the time that Participant entered the relevant Promotion.
Participant expressly waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, indirect incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Notwithstanding the second paragraph of this section and save as set out in the first paragraph of this section, Omaze’s maximum liability to you under these terms, our aggregate liability to you or any third party in any circumstance shall not exceed one hundred British pounds sterling (£100).
If for any reason, a Participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another entry in a Promotion.
19. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION: These Official Rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This means that your participation in the Promotions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection therewith (including non-contractual disputes or claims), will be governed by English law.
You can bring proceedings in respect of these Official Rules in the English courts. However, as a consumer, if you live in another part of the UK you can bring legal proceedings in respect of these Official Rules in either the English courts or your local courts.
If you wish to have more information on online dispute resolution, please follow this link to the website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This link is provided as required by Regulation (EU) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council, for information purposes only. We are not obliged to participate in online dispute resolution.
21. Personal Information: Promoter only uses Participant’s personal information in accordance with the Omaze privacy notice (available at https://omaze.co.uk/pages/privacy-notice) (“Privacy Notice”). Please take the time to read the Privacy Notice as it includes important information and terms which apply to each Participant.
Omaze is the promoter of all Promotions. All questions and concerns regarding these Official Rules should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.